Sunday, July 1, 2007

- My Three Sneakers

At our house, we don’t usually get to have homemade corn muffins in July since the oven rarely gets turned on this time of the year. But this evening the weather was so cool and delightful I was inspired bake! Corn muffins and chocolate chip cookies. My husband loves the cookies! When he and the baby came inside to wash up for dinner and he smelled the cookies, he broke into his, “Yippee, fresh baked chocolate chip cookies!” happy dance. Amusing.

The cool weather also inspired me to take a walk along the trail at Spratt Park. I just love that walk. While walking I couldn’t help by notice how comfortable my feet were. I generally own three pairs of sneakers at a time. My “play” sneakers get super dirty playing with my son at parks and playgrounds, my “everyday” pair I try to keep relatively clean looking for summer activities other than parks and playgrounds. Then, I have one pair exclusively for walking. My “walking” sneakers are always the pair that costs the most and fits the best! They are always extremely comfortable, and well worth the price. Because I wear them so frequently, I check them monthly for wear and tear. A sneaker can look new on top, but the sole and insides tell the tale as to if they need to be replaced. Go grab your walking sneakers. Look inside and see if there are areas that your foot has worn down. Look at the soles. Are they worn down on one side? If so you’re not getting the proper structural support you need and deserve in a walking sneaker. Bottom line, get ready to shell out some bucks - your walking sneakers probably need to be replaced.

The average well made walking sneaker costs around $90, but shop around and also search online for lower prices. If you can‘t find a lower price it‘s certainly worth it to invest in a pair of supportive, breathable walking sneakers that fit well. While you’re out buying sneakers, be sure to pick up well made socks. Skip the cotton and go crazy with socks made from synthetic fibers. They work much better at keeping your feet dry, free of blisters and they wick away perspiration and odor! Ultimately, with the proper foot wear your feet will be comfortable, and you’ll be more inspired to walk on a regular basis! Get walking!

No comments: