Friday, August 31, 2007

- Dear Walking Diary

Dear Walking Diary,

Was last night one of the most challenging nights to be out of doors, or what?! The heat and humidity almost kept me from walking… almost. The hearty always persevere! All I wanted to do was take a nap, but instead forged ahead at a much slower pace than usual. One hour later, I couldn’t have been happier to get back inside the house. The whole time I walked all I wanted to do was to turn around and excuse myself from walking due to the weather. I really struggled to keep going and had a scowl on my face the entire time...glad I hung in there. Good for me!

Like any other diary, a walking diary is a way to express some of your most heartfelt thoughts about getting and staying fit. You can see on paper where you are - as well as where you would like to go and how you plan to get there. Some folks even keep track of how often they buy new sneakers for walking and how much they paid! A walking diary can also be considered a contract with yourself - a written promise. Written on the first or last page of your walking diary, it should be something that you can refer to on those days when you need to remember why you’re on this journey towards taking better care of yourself. So, start a walking journal, and get walking!

No comments: